Repairing Dripping Faucets and Water Pressure

I am disabled. I have a condominium, but I am having plumbing issues, including weak water pressure and dripping faucets. My once a month check does not spread far enough after mortgage, home insurance, HOA, utilities, car insurance, food, and gas for automobile. What suggestions for how to get water pressure decent again and stop faucets from dripping and wasting water?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

April 3, 20170 found this helpful

Weak water pressure is the condominium's responsibility. If your faucets drip, contact the condo. It may be covered in your maintenance dues. If not, contact a local church. Many of them have people who will do this for elderly and disabled people.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 20, 20170 found this helpful

Thank you, Condominium Owner (me) from front door to back door inside condo is owner's responsiblity, found that out when I contacted Management Co.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 3, 20170 found this helpful

You own the condo, right? Check to see if the HOA payments cover this. Mine did when I had a condo.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 3, 20170 found this helpful

Generally, weak water pressure is an outside issue. However the leaky faucets may be your responsibility. They could be something as simple as needing new washers or gaskets.


If they are dripping, try to save some of that water, by putting a bucket in the sink and using that to flush the toilet or water plants with., until you get them repaired.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 3, 20171 found this helpful

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)
US Administration on Aging 800.677.1116, employment, legal & caregiving help
The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.


Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

You can try this agency for possible help-scroll down to your state for the correct agency.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
April 4, 20170 found this helpful

Since you pay for HOA, if the water has to deal with outside your home, they should fix it for free.

I'd ask HOA. Or do you happen to know the on duty handy man, maybe they can check it out for free if you're nice to him.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 4, 20170 found this helpful

There are government agencies that help low income families, however, they are often difficult to find. A very easy online search for "home repair low income family" produced many responses. You can try a search yourself and this very helpful federal government site:

Advertisement ... for-low-income-families-individuals/

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 6, 20170 found this helpful

It is nice that you have your own condominium but you may not have read (or understood) all of the benefits that are available through your monthly maintenance fee. Most likely water pressure is something that should be discussed with your condominium officials and also try discussing it at one of your regular meetings. Have you heard others complaining about water pressure?

Leaking faucets may be too minor a problem to try and go through one of your government agencies as these are generally reserved for larger and more intensive repairs.
I would recommend that you discuss your problem with your building maintenance person first to see if they can help and, if that does not work then try your local church as they may have someone who can repair this type of thing.


(You may have to buy new faucets.) Generally a church has names of local organizations that you can contact.
Asking for absolutely free services may not work so be prepared to pay at least a nominal fee.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingApril 3, 2017
Christmas Ideas!
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/12/03 09:28:02 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Loading Something Awesome!