Repairing Holes in Nylon Sweatpants

How do you repair holes in nylon sweatpants? My son has a dime-sized hole in a couple pairs of Under Armour sweatpants. I really don't want to throw them since they're expensive, but I'd like to find a way to patch them. I'm guessing traditional patches will melt the material with the heat. Any suggestions?

By mkb

If I wished to patch these, I would sew a patch on with my sewing machine. You need a small piece of the same or very similar fabric, in the same color. Pin it to the inside of the pants, and sew around the edge, then back and forth. A zigzag stich works well for the back and forth. If you do not understand these instructions, or do not have a sewing machine, then perhaps you should find someone else to help you do the job. Do you have a friend who sews?

Home and Garden Repair ClothingJanuary 13, 2014
🌻
📓
🎂