Repairing Tear in a Polyester Tote Bag

Category Repair
If your favorite tote bag develops a small tear, here are a number of suggestions for ways to repair it. Look them over and choose the one best suited to your project.

My mother bought me a cute Hello Kitty tote bag. And just today I realized that it had a little tear on a corner. And I wasn't sure of material inside, it says polyester. I don't know how to fix it. Any tips?

Please!

Answers

Best Answer

Two suggestions...one is to take it to your local fabric store and see if they have fuse on (iron on) patches that would be an exact match to the whites. Be sure to match the material and the color!

Second, if you have a circular needle, you can try to do a sewing repair, but that location is awkward and it may look lumpy. You could, however, turn it into a focal point by turning the repair into an embroidered flower or a tiny kitty (the lump could be a flower stem for example).

I used to do those type of repairs all the time when I was young. It made the piece extra special. If go this route, there are embroidery videos on YouTube and you can pick a theme or pattern you would love and they will show you how to do it!

Post back what you decide.

I would get a fuse-on patch in a matching color and put the patch on the inside of the bag.

If even the inside is think material Ill try to upload one from the inside. Its above my index finger.

They have iron on patches you can buy,that you can place on the inside of the bag. Also you could sew/tack a pretty bow in the spot to cover!

Home and Garden RepairJune 22, 2020
😷
🎆
😎
🐛
🌻