OtherRepair

Repairing Tear in a Polyester Tote Bag

My mother bought me a cute Hello Kitty tote bag. And just today I realized that it had a little tear on a corner. And I wasn't sure of material inside, it says polyester. I don't know how to fix it. Any tips?

Please!

I would get a fuse-on patch in a matching color and put the patch on the inside of the bag.

If even the inside is think material Ill try to upload one from the inside. Its above my index finger.

I would do the repairs from the inside and outside since the tear is at a pressure point. A fix is totally workable! Post back what you decide!

Two suggestions...one is to take it to your local fabric store and see if they have fuse on (iron on) patches that would be an exact match to the whites. Be sure to match the material and the color!

Second, if you have a circular needle, you can try to do a sewing repair, but that location is awkward and it may look lumpy. You could, however, turn it into a focal point by turning the repair into an embroidered flower or a tiny kitty (the lump could be a flower stem for example).

I used to do those type of repairs all the time when I was young. It made the piece extra special. If go this route, there are embroidery videos on YouTube and you can pick a theme or pattern you would love and they will show you how to do it!

Post back what you decide.

My aunt had mentioned to me that she would sew it but it would look weird but its better than having it rip more. But i couldnt wait, so i ended up using a little bit of mod podge with a painting brush and let it dry then did it again so it wouldnt keep on ripping and doesnt look bad.

I can always add another hello kitty patch on it too =) thanks for your help!

Glad you found a fix! I hope it holds! I love customized pieces so if it doesn't hold, have fun with it!!

They have iron on patches you can buy,that you can place on the inside of the bag. Also you could sew/tack a pretty bow in the spot to cover!

Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 17, 2019
🎃
🎂
🌻