OtherRepair

Repairing a Carnival Glass Dish

I broke a carnival glass dish. How do I repair it?
Help!

You can use crazy glue. Your dish will have a slight crack, but you can use it.

I believe you should first ask yourself the question - what does this dish mean to me? Carnival glass comes in all colors and some colors will show up a repair a lot more than regular glass.

Thank you for the answers. Fortunately, the dish broke almost exactly in half and had very few small chips that came off. I have found the exact same bowl on ebay for not much, but it does have sentimental value.

I am going to try to fix with a glass glue and see how it goes. I don't intend on using it for food, just show, so hopefully I can get a good glue and turn it so a crack (if one remains) is not seen.

I'm glad it broke clean so you may be able to repair it so that you may be the only one to know it was ever damaged.
Since this has sentimental value it does not seem that a replacement would be a good solution so I wish you good luck with repairs.

Carnival glass can be fixed. I have done it with super glue. The challenges are you can often see the lines as the iridescent feature missing from the break is noticeable.

There are places that professionally finish glass. I have not used this one, but it does say they do carnival glass.

www.brueningglass.com/.../

Any repairs will tank the resale value, but since you are not asking because you want to sell, that is good.

Hope you can get it fixed easily. Post back how it goes!! Good luck and happy new year!