Replacing the Tub Shower Combination in a Mobile Home

Category Bathroom
Replacing the tub shower combination in a mobile home is reliant on finding a replacement unit that will fit the space. This is an issue for all remodel work whether in a mobile home or a stick built one. If you are unable to find a suitable combination replacement, other options such as separate tubs and surrounds might solve the problem.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to replace my tub/shower combo in my mobile home master bath and any ideas on what to put in its place.
It is cracked.

Thank you in advance

Answers

Best Answer

How long did the original set up last you? If it was a long time, then why not just replace it with the same set up?

Many of today's bath materials are really nice...so a replacement may last you a long time!

If that isn't doable or they don't make that size combo any more, you may want to consider a traditional tub/shower and tile set up.

Be sure to use materials that are mold resistant!!

My friend who live in a double wide did this and it turned out lovely, although I think it was a bit pricey. He is handy so I know he did the demo work to save money and just had the pros do the things he couldn't do.

Good luck!! Hope you find easy and economical solutions that you will LOVE!

Best Answer

A temporary fix for a cracked plastic tub in my 1973 mobile home was Flex Tape. It is expensive, but worth the trouble. My size tub is not available from the usual outlets and there is probably damage under the floor so it would turn into a large, long, expensive project to replace the tub. Yes, it is plastic, not fibreglas.

You have to start with disconnecting the drain pipe of the tub. Complete instructions are here. mobilehomepartsstore.com/.../

Anonymous

Thank you.
Thats what I would like to do but can not find the same shape one anywhere.
I just bought this and am trying to fix it up and do as much of my own work as I can.

I will hire someone to install whatever I end up finding

Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomSeptember 19, 2019
🎃
🎂
🌻