Riding Mower Won't Start When Engine Hot

A couple of weeks ago while I was mowing the lawn with my 12.5 hp Yarkworks lawn tractor for some reason the machine started revving really fast. I turned off the ignition as quickly as I could. I then went to restart my tractor. However the machine would not turn over until it cooled down. The symptoms haven't changed. I can mow the grass for hours as long as I don't turn the machine off. Then I must wait until it cools down again. Someone told me I may have a warped head since the machine revved like it did. Help.

You could have a problem with your medal expanding when it is hot. You will need to check the spark when it is hot. You could also have a problem with a coil or wiring. Also check your carburetor it could be full of gunk. If you dont know how to clean the carburetor you should take it into the shop.

It could be a bad condenser or ignition coil problem.