Right of Person Holding a Power of Attorney

My mother fell and broke her hip. She gave me power of attorney over her. She has a grandson staying in her home. He doesn't pay rent he just stays there, he has no job, and depends on my mother for money. How do we go about getting him out of the home?

The best way to address your problem is to consult with a attorney who specializes in POAs, elder care issues, estates, etc. The attorney can then represent and guide you in the steps needed to remove the grandson from your mother's house. This will be an emotional and difficult process but is important to protect your mother from elder abuse-financially and otherwise.

WAIT!!! I had the same sit. I considered quite a few things BEFORE kicking him out!!
1. Are you willing to be with her 24/7
2. Have you EVER been TOTALLY ALONE 24/7? It's miserable not to be able to say " good morning to someone OTHER THAN THE WALLS!!! I've been there!

3.If she were to fall, have a medical prob. etc. HE IS THERE & knows HOW to call 911, RIGHT?
4.Can he go to the store, etc. to purchase what is needed in the house, or for her personally?
5. ETC.
THINK about this BEFORE you do. it. I had a brother that took advantage of my mother too BUT I weighed the above & decided otherwise & learned to live with it.
UNLESS he's is a threat to your Mom, THINK ABOUT IT!!!

What Maw Maw said. If they get along and he has some character (clearly no ambition), he could be very helpful to your mother, as long as he is reliable, and that would be what you need to determine.

Anonymous

Yes answer