Roasted Turkey Recipes

I am simply a person who adores dark poultry meat instead of white so why cook an entire turkey? My idea must be getting popular because two of three local markets here had completely run out of the legs first thing this morning and the only reason the third one had any left was because they are an absolutely huge, well stocked market. Even going to that market this afternoon was a Blessing, because I was able to get three of the last seven 2 pound each packages. I had called them just two hours before and the store still had thirty packages. Lesson learned! I will be shopping extra early for Christmas Turkey legs and freeze them. ;-)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Pour the 15 ounce can of chicken broth into the bottom of a roasting pan.

Combine lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and sage in a small bowl and rub well over turkey legs. Lightly coat with olive oil and stagger layer legs in the roasting pan with onion and celery tucked under and in between the legs.

Bake, covered with a foil tent, at 325 degrees F until a meat thermometer reads 175 degrees F, basting every 30 minutes.

Remove turkey legs to a serving platter and keep warm.

Combine flour and the 1 cup of chicken broth in a saucepan until smooth, add all pan drippings including bits, bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

13 More Solutions

I still like to put my stuffing directly into the turkey cavity. My mother did it for years and so have I and it's perfectly safe. No one has ever gotten ill from this. However, scooping the stuffing out can be quite messy.

This is my mom's recipe from when I was a kid. Best turkey I have ever eaten!This is my mom's recipe from when I was a kid. Best turkey I have ever eaten! Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Rinse bird in cold water.

I always dreaded the clean up after roasting a turkey for Thanksgiving. The whole idea of thawing for three days, cleaning etc. wasn't something I looked forward to doing with a 40 hour work week, and 3 kids; and husband that never helped in the kitchen.

If you have time, try seasoning your turkey and then returning it to the fridge for 2 or 3 hours before beginning to roast it...

Cover a turkey with cheesecloth soaked in melted butter or olive oil, and it will baste itself! Remove it during the last 30 minutes of baking to let the skin get brown. By Robin

Rub the turkey inside and out with kosher salt. Place the bird in a large stock pot, and cover with cold water. Place in the refrigerator, and allow the turkey to soak in the salt and water mixture 12 hours, or overnight.

Place a whole onion (skin and all) along with few large pieces of celery inside the cavity of your turkey before baking for a very moist and flavorful bird. I also baste the turkey with apple juice instead of butter or fat ...

Roasting the Turkey in a clean big paper bag for the moistest turkey ever. Clean and dress turkey as usual. Take the paper bag, use a coating of oil inside the bag enough to place the turkey onto then place the turkey inside and close the bag up.

Recipe for Roasted Turkey. Place 7 layers of aluminum foil on a large surface. Spread out 1 lb. bacon on foil. Place turkey on top. Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Drape the other 1 lb. of bacon over turkey. Fill turkey cavity with ice cubes.

Fancy Turkey Recipe with Wild Mushroom Gravy

To get under the skin of turkey when you want a spice rub under the skin, use the handle of a wooden spoon. This works well with chicken too and is easier than trying to use your fingers.

How long should we cook a turkey in our George Foreman Jr rotisserie?

By TKise

Answers

The company has an online site and a customer service email and phone number for help.

Answer this Question

It was with some trepidation that I approached the topic of roasting a turkey.I wondered if our readers needed yet another recipe for turkey in November.

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsOctober 18, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Roasted-Turkey-Recipes.html