Running Janome Memory Craft 8000 Self Diagnostics

I keep getting Overload problems, no messages or error numbers, just Overload.

I've tried the test by holding down the up/down, the reverse and the start/stop buttons at the same time and followed the self test procedure. I get 2 plus signs to press on, then a light in the Decorative section (69-116) so I press on that, then a few more plus signs, then it says self check done.

So I turn off the machine, wait for a while, turn it on again expecting it to do a self test, but it does nothing, just sits there in the "ready to sew" mode, I press the pedal and guess what, Overload.

Anybody got any ideas please, is my machine d e a d, had to spell it, it's sitting behind me listening.

Here's hoping.

Probably not dead - but how much memory are you using? You may need a new mother board, or you may need a 'fine-tuning' by a qualified computer machine repair tech. Look for someone adverting they're factory trained and or authorised as that's the tech with the latest updates on all machines.

Anonymous

Fuse.? Take it in to your local Janome dealer. Fuses go often in these machines- mostly the older ones 10+. Could just be hat simple:):)