TipsFrugal Living

Save Scrap Paper for Notes

Clipping coupons can save money but, at the same time, it sometimes wastes paper. I only print out coupons that I will definitely use and sometimes that's just 1 coupon or 2 so, I'm left with a good amount of paper left!

Everything I print, I will try to salvage as much clean/white paper as I can and use a metal binder clip to clip all the scrap paper together that way it is less messy.

Perfect scrap paper for the kids to doodle on, write grocery lists, or jot notes. If the paper is big enough, you can print a coupon or two - but I don't usually because the paper can cause your printer to jam (This has happened to me a few times).

As a home based bookkeeper, I print a lot of client worksheets, etc as I crunch numbers. Instead of throwing them into the shredder when I'm done with them, I cut them down into half, quarter or smaller pieces of paper and use them as scratch paper. My computer and the programs I use are a blessing but I still do a fair amount of paper & pencil jotting down of numbers and making memory tickler notes to myself.

The used note paper goes into a separate waste basket under my desk for shredding later.

By not buying scratch paper I save a few dollars and I look at it as free money which it is because I didn't have to work for it. Why work even more than I have to?