ReusingGreen Living

Free Scrap Paper from Mail

After cutting our name, address, and account numbers off the mail that I'm not going to keep, I take the sheets that are blank on the back and cut them up to use for scrap paper. Out of this stack, I made some strips to use for grocery list.

In our county, we have paper recycling so I save the other papers in a bag. When it gets full, I take the bag and empty the paper into a paper recycling bin.

By littergitter from NC

Good idea. I use junk mail as well. The used envelopes are blank on one side and can become a grocery list and then put your coupons inside. Any blank on one side paper gets made into note paper. I also cut up any paperwork that comes home in my kids' backpacks that is blank on one side as well as anything I've run through the printer and still has blank area.

Eventually paper goes in the recycling bin but I try to use as much junk mail and other types of paper as I can before it's recycled.

Have enough paper from the printer! But keeping the envelopes like from bills, is very handy!

I learned this from my grandparents as a child! I get a lot of paper from work that has been printed on one side. If the info on the printed side is not sensitive, I take it home and give it to my brother for my nephews to draw on! Also, I never need to buy a notebook to make lists when there is plenty of free scrap paper at work!