Using Recycled Paper for Notes

Category Paper

There are many pieces of paper that come your way that you can cut and reuse for lists and notes. This can save you money and reduce your waste.

When the children bring notices home and I don't need them, I rip them in half and use them as scrap paper. I leave them near the phones. The ones I use are the ones that have empty back sides

I have been doing this for years of school children.

By Lorraine from Venice, FLA

This is a recycled craft that the kids can make for dad on his special day (with a little help from mom). It is made from a french fry container from McDonald's.

Instructions:

1. Cut a piece of light card stock to cover the printing on the french fry container. Use photo as a guide. I cut mine a wee bit smaller than the container, so it is bordered in red.
  2. Decorate the card stock by printing "Notes" across the top. You can decorate it with stickers, or draw pictures such as flowers or rainbows, if you like.
  3. Advertisement

4. Punch a hole at the center top as you see in the photo to hang the note holder.
  5. Glue the card to the front with any glue you like. Just a few dots of hot glue at the corners would work well, and adhere quickly.
  6. Add a pen or pencil and cut some paper to fit in the pocket for writing notes.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Reuse scrap computer paper by tearing into quarters for note paper. Use the unprinted side for notes, shopping lists etc. Once you no longer need the note paper, shred it and add to your composter to make compost for your garden.

By Mary from Hamilton, Ontario

Clipping coupons can save money but, at the same time, it sometimes wastes paper. I only print out coupons that I will definitely use and sometimes that's just 1 coupon or 2 so, I'm left with a good amount of paper left!

A stack of scraps of paper to be used for notes.

After cutting our name, address, and account numbers off the mail that I'm not going to keep, I take the sheets that are blank on the back and cut them up to use for scrap paper.

Paper strips cut from larger pieces of junk mail.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A lot of cash register receipts that you get are blank on the back. Save them, and use them for grocery lists, for listing the next movie that you want to watch, to write down something that you need to get uptown, or to write down a phone number.

Why buy Post 'em notes? Why not just tear off the unused portion of the computer paper that has been used to print something, but no need to keep the full page or when you go to toss a sheet? I have a drawer that I keep all sizes of computer paper that I've "saved" thus saving me money of buying Post 'em note paper when all I do is toss after the reminder is no longer needed. Use to write down appointments, phone numbers, etc. Every penny helps.

By Carol from Valparaiso, IN

Answers:

Scrap Printer Paper Instead of Post Its

Absolutely a great tip. I have a lot of 'scratch' paper. I have even reused the printer paper to print on the blank side. (07/26/2007)

By Pine

Scrap Printer Paper Instead of Post Its

Great idea. I use scrap computer paper for my son to color on. You could also shred this paper and use it for filler for gift baskets. (07/26/2007)

By tracey

Scrap Printer Paper Instead of Post Its

We've done this for years, along with using junk mail envelopes. Time shopping for post it notes, other note pads, shopping lists, etc. has not only been saved, but money, too! (07/28/2007)

By badwater

Scrap Printer Paper Instead of Post Its

I cut my paper sheets in fourths and have a container on top of my microwave that I use to keep them in. Whenever I need scrap paper, it's there.

I also save my paper that is printed on just one side to use when I run off rough copies of reports, term papers, etc for school. Since I'm only going to proof them and mark corrections on them, there's no need to use a clean sheet. I use my printer on "Fast Draft" to save ink too. (07/28/2007)

By susan

Scrap Printer Paper Instead of Post Its

I have also used scratch paper for "post it notes" I cut them down to size, and use some glue on one side, wait for them to dry and you have your own post it notes. (11/11/2007)

Better Living Green Living Recycling PaperJune 15, 2019
🎄
🍂