Saving Money on Cheese

Watch your prices on items such as cheese. In my area, I can buy a 16 oz. block of cheese far cheaper than I can buy an 8 oz. package of the same cheese grated. I take it home and grate it myself and save the difference.

You can also freeze cheese to be grated, and it grates easier. This saves me around $12 a month in cheese alone.

By mom-from-missouri from NW Missouri

6 More Solutions

Tips for Saving Money on Cheese. Post you ideas below. I buy shredded cheese at Costco. It costs $10 for 5 pounds, cheaper than buying a block of the same brand, and all the work is done.

grating cheese

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Normally when I bake anything with a cheese topping, the cheese always gets baked right on it. But, when I make homemade hamburgers, I don't melt the cheese on the meat patties anymore because the cheese seems to melt and spread off of the patty and then slides off into the skillet, then half of the cheese ends up in the bottom of the pan, which usually ends up a burnt cheese mess with the cooked hamburger patties.

Melted cheese in a pan for topping a burger.

Pre-shredded cheese is expensive so I have come up with a cheaper way to have this convenience. When I buy a block of cheese, I go ahead and grate the whole thing.

I buy cheese ends cheap, shred them in a food processor, and use as toppings on all kinds of food. I also use the shredded cheese to make mac 'n cheese, etc.

Whenever I go shopping, I notice how expensive lunchmeat is. My son LOVES cheese, and it really runs up the bill.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingFebruary 28, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Cheese-1.html