Rice is the perfect side dish to dinner in my opinion. It is nutritious, low in fat and very inexpensive. We have it nearly every night. Here is a simple, easy and tasty way to prepare it.
Total Time: About 50 minutes
Yield: About 2 cups
- 2 cups chicken broth, I used reduced sodium. Vegetable broth would also work nicely.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add your broth and oil to a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and reduce to a simmer. Cook about 45 minutes.
- I add butter and "Bragg's Amino Acids" to the rice before eating. This is a picture of the bottle, available at most health food stores. It is similar to soy sauce, but even better!
- Here's their website if you want to order online. It is so healthy, and a little goes a long way. Lot's of flavor!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!