WallsHome Decor

Scrabble Nine Patch Shadow Box

Vote for this contest contender!

This is just a cute way to use faux fabric paper, a wood box, and Scrabble tiles.

Total Time: About 1 hour

Yield: 1

Source: While I have seen Scrabble tile ideas on Pinterest, I created this myself.

1. Using a small post it note for measurements, I chose and cut the nice pieces of paper.
  2. With glue, I added the paper to the 9 holes. Once they were dry, I then got out the other glue.
  3. The words I chose to use represent the 9 different 'patches' so I spelled it out. If I do this again, it will all be on the same level.
  4. I put just a spot of glue on the tiles, it doesn't take much. Once down, they have to dry about 12 hours. I had other things to do like sleep, so I just let them dry.
  5. Once the tiles were dry, I glued some thinner strips of fabric around the sides. When that was dry, I glued a paperclip to the back and viola!