Scrabble Nine Patch Shadow Box
This is just a cute way to use faux fabric paper, a wood box, and Scrabble tiles.
Total Time: About 1 hour
Source: While I have seen Scrabble tile ideas on Pinterest, I created this myself.
- 1 mini shelf unit with 9 spaces ($1.00)
- 9 small pieces of faux fabric paper ($0.10)
- 1 oz glue ($0.10)
- scissors ($ )
- 9 Scrabble tiles ($0.09)
- tube of generic E-6000 ($0.10)
- paint brush ($0.00)
- 2 ft scrap fabric strips ($0.00)
- Using a small post it note for measurements, I chose and cut the nice pieces of paper.
- With glue, I added the paper to the 9 holes. Once they were dry, I then got out the other glue.
- The words I chose to use represent the 9 different 'patches' so I spelled it out. If I do this again, it will all be on the same level.
- I put just a spot of glue on the tiles, it doesn't take much. Once down, they have to dry about 12 hours. I had other things to do like sleep, so I just let them dry.
- Once the tiles were dry, I glued some thinner strips of fabric around the sides. When that was dry, I glued a paperclip to the back and viola!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.