Scrambled Eggs in an Onion Ring
I saw a photo on Pinterest of sunnyside up eggs prepared in bell pepper slices. They looked delicious. I decided to try making a similar dish using red onion slices with scrambled eggs inside.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 rings of red onion approximately 3/4 inch thick
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- cooking spray
- dab of butter, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning, optional
- Slice onion, I made these a bit too thin. 3/4 inch would be best.
- Scramble two eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a skillet with a bit of cooking oil spray. You may add a dab of butter if you like, for flavor.
- Cook the onion slices lightly on both sides until them begin to soften just a bit.
- Pour egg into the onion rings. Keep the egg from overfilling the rings. You may sprinkle some Tony's or other seasoning on now.
- Cook, on low to medium heat until the eggs begin to set. If you don't like your eggs brown, don't over cook on the down side. Flip them over and finish cooking.
- Enjoy with toast, cottage fries, fresh fruit, or a salad for a quick breakfast or light lunch.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!