AppliancesRepair

Scunci Steamer Not Heating Up

My Scunci steamer does not heat up. The light does come on. I suspect water was left in it. Is it worth fixing? It appears pretty new. I tried without success to take it apart all the way.

There are a ton of videos and manuals out there for the brand...not sure what your model number is so I am giving you a general link:

www.google.com/search?q=Scunci+steamer+manual&ie...

I would check a manual or a video since it sounds like you are handy if you got it apart already.

If you can't get it fixed, at least you will have given it a good try! There are lots for sale on eBay so you could replace it (depending on the model) for under $25.

You can also sell off the parts if you have accessories or a bag on eBay to help you pay for the new one!

If you check out eBay, the various attachments can sell in the 5-10 range (see this link):www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15...

I have done this...sold off parts of an old X to buy a new to me one! It is cool! It basically pays for itself that way!

thx!

It sounds like a blown fuse. Unscrew the bottom and replace the fuse.