Secure Water Filter Pitcher Lid with Tape

We have had our Brita water filter pitcher for several years. Sometimes a certain someone in our household would be pouring water from the pitcher and the top would come off, the filter bowl would come loose and there would be water everywhere. The problem was solved when I started using freezer tape to secure to lid. It has not happened since I started doing this.

I change the filter every 2 months. After washing the pitcher and replacing the filter, I use 4 pieces of freezer tape and tape the top down at the front and the back. I write the date on the tape so I will know when to change the filter again.

This is working great for me.

Anonymous

We have filtered water in our house, but we take our Brita with us when we travel. It packs easily, because I stuff it with clothing so it fits in the suitcase and there's no wasted space. You never know what the water is going to taste like, and using the Brita in hotel rooms saves buying bottled water. When we were with a family group, other family members were coming to us for filter water.