Selling an Ashton Drake Doll Collection

Where is the best place to advertise an estate sale with at least one hundred Ashton Drake baby dolls and clothing?

Craigslist or estatesales.net.

When I used to do run estate sales, I placed ads starting the Wednesday before in the major newspapers in the area (they all have estate/garage sale sections. Be sure to use the estate sale title in the ad.

I also used the weekly "Pennysaver" and any other weekly papers that existed at the time.

The last one I did was a few years ago, and we used social media (We started a month before with hold the date notices and updated--or bumped the listing every few days until the day of the sale). The best sites are Facebook and NextDoor and Craig's List.

They each have their own rules for posting these. Facebook you usually have to search out flea market groups in your neighborhood like FSOT OR SWT (stands for For Sale Or Trade and Sale Want and Trade) sites. So for me, I put in Pittsburgh FSOT and joined these sites. Then I joined Pittsburgh flea market Facebook sites.

Be sure to follow each site's rules for posting. Right now these are all free to post (free is good).

Also be sure to post big signs on major intersections with arrows pointing to the house and have a big balloon display out front of the house.

If your community allows signs to be posted on phone poles, that works to.

We also posted at our local community boards in the library and grocery stores. Sadly estate sales and yard sales have very little draw these days. Online sales has killed the estate sale business.

Dolls are not a big draw for sales so you may be best in the long run to find a reputable consignment store and have them sell them for you. Most of the AD dolls have very little value, but you would be best served to check on eBay for sold prices so you dont accidentally sell one of the few really valuable ones cheap.

Good luck with your sales!