Sewing Machine Problems

I have a white 1510 Singer sewing machine. I'm having problems with the stop wheel it won't move and the hand wheel just spins. Also I'm having an issue with the bobbin being spit out of its spot and jamming the machine. I normally am good with sewing machines, but the old ones seem to hate me and I have a sewing project I'd like to finish soon. So please help!

By christina f

Here's a link to a free download of the user manual from Singer in case you have misplaced yours:
http://www.sing  1505,1510-x-.pdf

Your bobbin problem is probably being caused by a worn seating lever (the little lever you hold open whilst loading the bobbin case into the machine) but could also be a worn part inside the catch area; the hand wheel problem is probably lint and fluff build-up but could also be the belt. In either case the problems are best solved with a visit to a qualified (preferably factory trained) repair tech. Do an online search or look through the phone book. Look for advertisements stating 'qualified Singer sewing machine repairs'.

I teach sewing and do self-taught repairs for my students on some of their vintage machines, and my best advice to you is to take your machine to a qualified sewing machine repair tech for possible repairs and certainly for a complete servicing.