Sewing MachinesMachines

Sewing Machine Seems Jammed

I just got this new Singers Esteem II sewing machine yesterday and the machine was working perfectly fine until I decided to change the thread for the needle. I have the machine correctly threaded and I had my fabric ready underneath the needle and I make the mistake of not pulling the needle and bobbin thread out enough to at least 6 inches.

I started to sew and all of a sudden I get my thread stuck in the bobbin case and then I pulled it out. Then I say OK it's out and I press down on the peddle and it makes this really loud ERRR sound and at this point I burst into tears because this was a $100 dollar machine.

I checked the machine to find any loose thread anywhere, but I don't! Is there anything I can do to get that thread out? I've been told that my machine is either jammed or locked.

By Destiny C.

It's still under warranty - take it back to the store, or to a factory approved Singer repair centre. Be sure to take the receipt, and if you go to a sewing centre, be sure to find out any charges they may make in expectation of you chasing down a warranty based refund for repairs.

To be honest it does sound as though something is jammed in there, it could be a very small piece of thread you can't see. The repair tech will have the tools and knowledge to find the jam and remove it.