Sewing Machine Wheel Not Turning

Sometimes you may be able to determine the cause of a sewing machine malfunction and repair it yourself. This is a guide about a sewing machine wheel not turning.

My sewing machine's wheel is jammed. I've tried threading it and looking at the bobbin case, but the wheel still won't move.

Answers

There is a wheel within the wheel. Make sure you have the inner wheel tightened up. When it's in the untightened position the wheel won't move. That position is for winding the bobbin.

I have a Brother PS-1250 machine. While I was cleaning the machine, somehow the handwheel has stopped turning because it's hitting somewhere. Any troubleshooting for this?

Answers

You might have it in the locked position. There is a little wheel inside the main hand wheel. Turn them both in opposite directions to disengage.

The handwheel is very hard to turn on my Brother CS-6000 sewing machine. When I do turn it, the needle goes up and down and seems to work okay. When I push the foot pedal to start to sew, it starts out okay but then makes a noise, almost like a clicking, and the machine sort of shakes and stops. Any suggestions?

By CR