Samosas are savoury, aromatic, delicious pastries from India. This how to make them in a flash using pre-made dough. These are a huge hit in my house!
Prep Time: 40 min (including wait time)
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 large samosas
Link: This goes really well with my mango pickles posted on ThriftyFun!
- 1/2 lb frozen dough, defrosted
- 1 large potato, chopped into bitesized pieces and boiled
- 1 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 3 large mushrooms, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a pan, fry the mushrooms, onion, and garlic with the ginger powder for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled/diced potato, chopped boiled egg, spices, salt, pepper and cilantro. Cook for a couple minutes then turn off the heat.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each section of dough as wide as possible with your rolling pin. This will make your samosa crispy.
- Diving your filling into four sections.
- Spoon your filling to the 4 pieces of dough.
- Pull up the corners of the dough and press together with your fingers. Seal up the sides by pinching the dough tightly.
- Place uncooked samosas on lightly floured plastic wrap. Sprinkle tops with some flour and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake in 350 F oven for about 20 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!