Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Slurpee Straw Saver and Cleaner

Vote for this contest contender!

A while ago, I saw a product on the TV show "The Shark Tank" that was a tiny spatula tip on a long stick. It was used to clean out the last of the lotion in tall bottles that were too tough to cut open and scrape out. It's now a million dollar idea. I was doing the dishes this morning and came across some Slurpee spoon-tip straws and realized they could be used for the same thing.

I just cleaned out one of my thick, tall lotion bottles and have more cream than I imagined I would! I have designated one straw for lotions and makeup, and another one to clean the tough corners of my bathroom and kitchen where a lot of gunk jams up. I am thrilled with these straws!

I just take any of these bottles, etc and take the lid off, lay on side and microwave 10-15 seconds ONLY, then invert into a small container like tupperware you can seal and then use the product. When up to 2 ounces can be left in these bottles, use your voice and call the company to tell them of the displeasure you have in emptying it.

Back a few decades our moms would set the bottle in hot water in the sink for the same thing. As a medical caregiver, we would float that bottle in the bath, lotion would be warm for use. The local chiropractic office uses a crock pot on low and has lotions sitting in it. Many ways you don't have to get the butcher knife out to get the last ounces out.

This is a very good idea. Love, it !!