Social Security Settlement

My son's father passed away when he was six. When my son was 19 he was deemed disabled and is getting Social Security benefit from his deceased father. Is there a reason why he wouldn't have gotten a settlement?


By Heather

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 1, 20140 found this helpful

Why don't you call your Social Security Office and talk to them to get the answer?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 3, 20140 found this helpful

Visit your local SS office for answers to all your questions. A settlement (or back payment) is given is when someone files a claim and it takes several weeks, months or even years before their claim is approved. This can happen for many reasons.

Usually back payment will only start on the date a claim is filed. If your son had to wait for benefits to begin then he may be due a settlement but he should/would have been notified by SS at the time he was notified about the date the benefit would start and the amount he would receive.


Have you had access to all of the mail your son receives? Your son is the one who will have to ask these questions.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceDecember 1, 2014
Father's Day Ideas!
Pest Control
Summer Ideas!
Fourth of July Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/05/18 09:16:06 in 892 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!