Social Security Survivor Benefits?

My son's friend had moved in with my family due to family problems. His father had passed away years ago. He is 15 and still going to school. Could he get his benefit checks himself, because his mother won't help him? We are here to help a child out.

By B Johnson

Call your local Social Security Office and talk to them. They are the only ones that know the correct answer.

You or some adult can take him to the SS office and get correct answers but I think you will find that he has to have a guardian and that will most likely be his mother.

Other wise he or someone would have to get a court order to be able to receive SS benefits.

You can receive his social security benefits. As long as he lives with you. It doesn't matter if you are his guardian or not, who ever he lives with will receive benefits to take care of him.

My sister ran away and came and lived with me, and i now receive her benefits to take care of her since our father passed away. I am not yet her legal gaurdian.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceAugust 26, 2014
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Social-Security-Survivor-Benefits-13.html