Social Security Survivor Benifits?

I have recently gotten guardianship of my nephew who receives survivor benefits from his dad passing. My question is that the mother said that she would just send me the benefits when she received them, but it has been 3 months and nothing. I am not looking for the benefits to benefit me, but they should go to the child. I am financially caring for him and would rather see the money put to better use like setting up a college fund for him. But I can't see his mom keeping them and spending them on herself. Is there anything that can be done?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 220 Answers
October 5, 20160 found this helpful

If you have actual legal guardianship of your nephew, you can apply to the Social Security Administration to change all future checks to your name and address. Make an appointment with your local SSA and bring all relevant papers-birth certificate, legal papers regarding guardianship, etc.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceOctober 4, 2016
Halloween Ideas!
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-23 06:52:18 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.