Social Security Survivor's Benefits?

I'm 18 years old and plan on moving out of my mother's house. I recently got my Social Security check back from my father's death. My mother tells me that since I am still a student in school I still receive it, but on the other hand she tells me if I move out I won't receive it anymore. When I move out I'm still going to be a student.


Shouldn't I still be able to receive my SS check if I'm living on my own and still in school because I'm 18 and the check is in my name. If I move out and she receives the check without me being there would that be considered fraud? How would I go about receiving the check on my own? Please help. I need answers.

By Christina V. from Avon, IN

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
September 18, 20130 found this helpful

Hi- you need to go to your local Social Security office for these answers.

September 21, 20130 found this helpful

Discuss this with your local social security office.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceSeptember 16, 2013
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Valentine's Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-01-24 16:11:45 in 6 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.