Social Security and Back Child Support

My ex died owing 20,000+ in back child support. My son was 19 at the time of his death. He was 62 and was not drawing Social Security, but living with his parents and not working. There was literally nothing in his estate.


Is there a way that his Social Security would be required to meet the arrears for child support? This is in the state of Texas.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

February 3, 20140 found this helpful

Have you been working with Child Support Enforcement? If so, I would have had him arrested for non-payment of child support. As long as he wasn't working, you wouldn't have been out anything, and it might have taught him a lesson, if he had to spend a little time in jail. That being said, talk to your local office of Child Support Enforcement(it might have a different name where you live) and call your local Social Security Office and make an appointment to talk to them.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportFebruary 2, 2014
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Easter Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/02/19 10:42:56 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!