Soft Butterscotch Bars with Salted Caramel
I have tried making caramel several times, but never did I make it perfect. After few times of trying, I discovered a simple trick. Double boiling is safer than putting it in direct heat and today I was able to make my caramel perfect. With a little salt it tasted really yummy.
- #Salted Caramel
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (white or brown)
- 250 ml all purpose cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- #Chocolate ganache (simple)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 4 Tbsp all purpose cream
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup salted caramel
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Melt sugar and butter together in a bowl over a boiling water at medium low heat.
- When sugar starts melting, pour all purpose cream with constant stirring.
- Continue stirring until color turns silky amber. Consistency should turn thick but not pasty.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt. Stir until completely blended.
- Double boil milk, all purpose cream and chocolate. Stir constantly until thick. Adjust heat to low and whisk in butter until completely incorporated. Set aside to cool.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Whisk well until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking it constantly.
- Now, pour half a cup of caramel into the mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Sift together flour and corn starch. Fold it into the mixture.
- Transfer batter into 7x7 inch greased and lined baking pan or 8' round pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30 minutes.
- When it's done, cover the top with chocolate ganache.
- Drizzle with salted caramel.
- Slice into squares. Best served when chilled.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!