Softening Hard Granulated Sugar?

How can I make a rock hard 5lb bag of white sugar usable again?

Break into smaller pieces, place inside a plastic bag and use a rolling pin , or meat mallet.

Or you can put some pieces in the microwave for a minute.

Reference:

- www.home-ec101.com/.../
- www.thriftyfun.com/tf53623154.tip.html

Since its a big bag, slice up a few sections of an apple and put it on the top of the bag, seal, and let sit over night. The moisture from the apple will help loosen up the crystals. Use a fork or mallet to loosen the rest gently.

There are clay disks that you can buy, soak with water, and put in. Once you buy them, you have them forever.

once you have gotten it soft put it in a sealed, airtight container in a cool dry place

All good suggestions but i like going to the "source". Here is a link from the sugar company with care instructions for most sugar types:

www.dominosugar.com/.../usage-faqs

I put the bag in an extra bag & drop it in the floor!

Have you tried putting it in the microwave for a few seconds? I know this works with brown sugar.

I have a bag of sugar thats hard as a rock. I tried just putting in the microwave for about 20 seconds and some of it loosened up. Most of it was still hard. Then I decided to place a few slices of apples inside the bag and guess what??? It works!!!! Do it 20 seconds at a time. I only did it twice and most of it loosened up and I can now break it up and use a sifter to get the rest of small pieces broken up. Works for me.

I just found a 5 pound bag of hard sugar, I placed it in my microwave for one minute, took it out of the microwave squeezed the bag a couple of times and Voilà It was like brand new

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 10, 2017
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Softening-Hard-Granulated-Sugar.html