Splitting a Paper Match for Two Uses

Category Tips
A paper match split into two.
If you want to get more uses from a book of paper matches, you can split them in half. This is a guide about splitting a paper match for two uses.

This tip has got to be the height of frugality. Perhaps it's gone beyond frugality and into the realm of pure stinginess. Simply divide the match by working a fingernail or other sharp object into the side center at bottom, and gently spread the two halves apart. Both pieces usually work well even though they seldom are of the same thickness.

Guffaw if you will, I can imagine a family on a camping trip, down to their last few matches and finding this little tip to be most useful.

My real reason for posting this tip was to see if I could go one better than the tip I just finished reading. It told of reusing paper coffee filters. I don't think my tip can be topped for frugality. I invite you to try.

This is soo funny! I would just love to see someone top this tip!

I think it's good to inject a bit of humor into ThriftyFun occasionally. Though I tend to overdo it and this entry is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I saw one once where a woman cut a wide rubber band in half to make two. If people can soak felt tip markers and use petroleum jelly to get that last "nth" out of a mascara tube than nothing is off limits!!

At least you are not spending a half hour separating your 2-ply toilet paper into 2 separate rolls:). I knew someone who did this. He also let nature call at work whenever possible so he could use their toilet paper. He was the most frugal person I ever met.