Springform Pan Bottom Stuck in Cake Pan?

I have a 9" springform pan bottom that got wedged down into my round 9" Wilton cake pan. Since they're the same size the springform pan bottom fell to the bottom of the cake pan and is so tightly wedged in I cannot get it out. I have tried putting the bottom in hot water and ice in the top...nope. I tried freezing them...nope. They are so snug on the bottom I can't get water under the springform pan and I don't think there's any room under it anyway to try and steam it off. There is absolutely no wiggle room between the two. I don't want to ruin either pan, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sacrifice one to save the other. Any ideas?

If you have access to an air compressor have someone hold the pan and shoot air at the edge and see if this works. My husband dislodges stuck buckets this way.

I would try pouring in some vegetable oil and let it seep in between the two pieces for a while, then invert them in the sink and see if the pan bottom will drop out. With a little tapping on the cake pan bottom, or tapping the rim on the sink, maybe the two will separate.

Thanks. I sprayed the edges of the inside pan with cooking spray really good then turned the pots over in the sink and ran very hot water on the bottom of the pan for about one minute, moving the faucet to bottom of both sides of the pot then within a minute the inside pan released and dropped into the sink!

Im so glad you posted this! I thought it was a long shot googling this exact situation but success!

Anonymous

The above works! Sprayed WD40 on the inside of the pan, then ran hot water over it. Came right out.

Home and Garden Repair Other DishesOctober 29, 2015
😷
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Springform-Pan-Bottom-Stuck-in-Cake-Pan.html