Stand-up Deviled Eggs

Maybe it was just me that wasn't aware of how to keep Deviled Eggs from falling over on the platter, but this was a great tip for me years ago. If you make deviled eggs and haven't found a great way to keep them standing upright all the time, this works perfectly.

1. After the eggs are hardboiled, cut in half.

2. Next, remove the yolks.

3. Take a sharp knife and slice off a thin slice from each bottom of the halves of the eggs. This makes a flat-bottomed egg half which won't slip or fall over, no matter what.

If you cut too much off of the bottom and make a little hole in the half that you're going to fill, just use the slice you'd cut off the bottom. Put it in the center of the egg where the yolk was. It then becomes like a patch for the hole, allowing you to fill with any filling of your choice.

Oh, Lordy! Why have i never thought of that? I'm pushing 80 and it never occurred to me! The patch job I mean. So many times the yolk when taken out leaves a hole or very thin piece of white. Thank you, you smart girl!

Anonymous

I chuckled reading your post because of the "patch job" -
that's funny! Believe me, I can completely relate, except I'm
guilty on both counts, in finally realizing how to keep deviled
eggs from rolling over too.

Oh yes about the yolk even leaving a hole in one of the halves, it sure can do that, and so glad this will help fix that problem.

Yes....and do the same with stufffed mushrooms before baking...they won't rollaround!

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsOctober 3, 2017
🌻
🎃