Stenciled Craft Project Ideas

Category Miscellaneous
A leaf stencil attached to a wall.
Stencils can be used to decorate everything from floors to furniture as well as children's artwork. This is a guide about stenciled craft project ideas.

Turn your otherwise boring solid color backpack into a work of art using stencils to add your own touch and design to it. This was my boring rolling back pack that I love to use for traveling but was a darker color of solid blue and not very feminine looking at all. So I used stencils to create new look to it.

I used store bought stencils for the dragonflies and butterflies and made my own for my name just printing a pretty font for my art program then just cut out the lettering to create a perfect font stencil. Great project to revamp old backpacks or any kind of luggage

Approximate Time: 30 minutes or less

Your item can be a backpack/luggage, etc

Instructions:

First make sure the area you intend on stenciling is free of dust or dirt by wiping it with a damp cloth. Then choose your stencil and place it where you like it and secure the edges of the stencil with tape while you put on your colors of paint.

Use a stencil brush to add on your colors in very light amounts applied to your brush tip and even wipe or dab some off on a paper towel then apply the paint to your stencil by going in a circular motion onto the stencil and change colors to each area you want to be different colors. Remove your stencil and let dry well.

You can make your own stencil for names or phrases by printing a font you like from any art program and just make it the size you like. You can find free font sites on the internet and even stencils of lots of things in silhouette form.

After your paints have dried, you can spray your surface you stenciled with clear spray coat paint in a can to keep it free from water exposure.

So create your own look and give those boring back packs a new look!

I am always looking for ways to spice up my thank you and birthday cards. I cannot stand to send out boring ones! Stickers are great, but sometimes I want something more elegant. Paper doilies work very well to provide that extra element. All you do is place a doily on your card and hold it in place while you color over every hole with a marker. Permanent markers work better because they dry right away. You won't be getting marker all over you fingers as you hold down the doily! In the picture, the left side is an example of what you get once you have finished coloring. You could also use these to decorate pages in your scrapbook or to create other crafts.

I stenciled a border in the living room instead of using a wall paper border.

Approximate Time: 5 hours

*I used 3 colors of paint to blend the colors to make the ivy look real.

Instructions:

1. Tape the stencil to the first corner of the wall up against the ceiling.

2. Paint using a stippling brush and tap, tap, tap the colors on, blending each into the other.

3. When done filling in all the places on the stencil, remove and carefully match the design up when moving the stencil onto the next blank section you are doing, so you cannot see where the first stopped and the next begins.

4. Ad

5. Do all the way around until done.

I did not do it all in one day. You must rest your neck. I also did the top of the room divider in my room.

By Little Suzy from OH

I found some printed stencils from an old book I bought at a yard sale. I wanted to try them out. I keep a lot of plastic bin lids (which I have no use for except to put in the windows to block the light and cold drafts), so I decided to make a design on one of those lids.

I drew on the stencil and then colored it in with a crayon. I like the way it turned out so pretty. I will place it on my patio for all to see. I'm going to do some more soon!

This is a cute sign to hang in your garden area. I have mine in my garden shed. There are lots of cute things you can stencil on your sign. Here are a few I've heard, thought of myself or seen:

Finished project with dried flowers hanging from pegs.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes