Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
The flavor of strawberries and bananas melds together to create a delicious quick bread loaf. This page contains strawberry banana bread recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
I was craving banana bread the other day when I came across a strawberry sale so I decided to try making this strawberry banana bread. You will love how the strawberries burst with every bite. I think it will be a hit for summer potlucks!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
Total Time: 60-65 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour, plus 2 Tbsp for tossing strawberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a loaf pan or baking dish. I used an 8x6 inch glass dish. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, sugars, oil, and sour cream.
- To the wet mixture, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold with spatula and don't over mix.
- Mash the bananas then add them to the mix.
- Toss the quartered strawberries in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes (I baked 55 minutes in my toaster oven) or until the top is golden. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for at least 15 minutes. I served mine warm with cream because I couldn't wait. Yum!
*This loaf freezes well.
I had 5 over-ripe bananas and some leftover strawberries that were also a bit past their prime. This recipe made two loaves of bread. My boys loved it!