Strawberry Ice Cream Cake

Ice cream cakes can be pretty expensive at the shops. Aside from the cost, it's rare you can get the flavour that you really want. They are usually available in chocolate, cookies and creme, etc. For his birthday, my best friend wanted a strawberry ice cream cake with white cake layers, so I had to make one myself!

I used boxed white cake mix here but I made some adjustments to make it taste much better, much more homemade. Replace the amount of water listed on the box with milk, and replace the amount of oil listed on the box with melted butter. Add a dash of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, as well. Tastes amazing!

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes plus cooling time

Total Time: 50 minutes plus cooling time

Yield: 8-10 servings

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix together cake mix with milk, egg whites, melted butter, salt, and vanilla. Reserve egg yolks for another use.
  2. Advertisement

3. Pour batter into greased cake pans. I used two 9-inch pans.
  4. Bake until edges come away from pan, about 23 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack. When cooled, transfer to two plates and clean out the pans.
  5. Line one of the cleaned 9-inch cake pans with plastic wrap. Set thawed ice cream next to it.
  6. Press ice cream into pan so it goes all the way to the edges. Flatten out the top. This will be the exact size as the cake layers. Cover and pop in freezer for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
  7. Advertisement

8. To assemble the ice cream cake, place one cake layer on a platter. Peel plastic wrap off ice cream layer and place on top of cake.
  9. Place the other cake layer on top.
  10. Cover top and sides of cake with whipped topping. Return to freezer for at least an hour to set the cream. When you're almost ready to serve it, take it out to decorate.
  11. Place any decorations on top.
  12. Advertisement

13. Add sprinkles all over top and sides. Run a knife under hot water to make slicing easier. Serve immediately.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes Ice CreamMay 31, 2020
👔
🐛
😎
😷
🌻
🎆

Generated 2020-06-02 10:56:55 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Ice CreamCakes