Struggling with my Small Budget

Vote for this contest contender!

I have been working hard on my credit score. I had bad vision up until yesterday when I got my glasses. I was able to read the fine print on some bills. I went to read the billing statements and found the interest rates horrible.

I went to Credit Karma and finally noticed the different options they have. I used the debt calculator which caused a breakdown. After calming down, I got on the phone to make some calls. I got the interest lowered for 6 months on one card. I am working on another. They asked for something in writing. It's faxed already as well. If at all you need help, use the options on Credit Karma for ease of mind. I am tired of doing all this.

I think I worked the budget 50 times today. I found a way to pay off one in full next month. I will pay off another in 4 months. My needs and wants will take a back seat for a while. I am making drastic changes this year. All to ease my stress.

Along with that I sat on the computer and searched sample sites. I have been blessed to get samples of thing I could not afford. It has truly helped me. I am living on very little to raise my credit score. I am hoping to find a cheaper place to live soon.

Thanks once again for reading.

I admire your great tenacity.

Thank you so much. I was very happy to find my score went up again two points. Have a good day.

Congratulations on taking charge of your life. Since you have come this far, you must know in your heart that you can do whatever else it takes to bring up your credit score.

I am doing the best I can and it went up 2 more points. Thanks so much.

Glad you got those glasses. Good for you, taking these first steps. The most important step of all is not to add to those credit card balances while you work so hard to pay them off and improve your credit score.

But I believe you when you say you'll be more careful about what you "want" to buy. Your score is not going to improve quickly, so prepare to hang in there for the long haul. Best of luck to you in your endeavors to build good credit.

Thank you it's wonderful and yes it's very slow. Have a good day.

I really admire what you are doing and I hope you don't have to live so frugally you can't have a little fun. Focus on the freedom from stress to keep yourself going. Best of luck.

You are not alone struggling on a budget.

You are doing so good a good example for anyone in debt

I cut my credit card and closed the account. I make due with cash. I am almost done with two bills. Thank you

Thank you for sharing this! I have also gotten the debts in my name down to manageable places and creditkarma is great. I would be interested in knowing what sites you went to for samples. My neighbors just moved out and gave me a freezer full of food and I have been learning about edible plants that grow wild in Georgia.

I already knew about Dandylion greens (my parents grew up in the Depression), but had no idea about chickweed and it's nutritional benefits. Since I can't afford lawn care since my husband left me, I have a seemingly unending supply.

I use Gene Broome at gene@creditconfidant.com.
He will look at your credit score and give you An outline on how to raise your score. What to do and not to do.

Thank you I will check into it.

Good luck on your project. It will take a while to get them all paid off. Praying you don't have any setbacks!

My husband and I have a credit card that gives us money back for using it. We pay it off every month should anything happen to my husband I will pay the credit cards off and then cancel them all.

I had trouble many years ago and I now have a good credit sore and want it to stay that way.

I read your comments about closing your cards that is the worst thing you can do to damage your credit! It is a combination of good credit use and the age of your credit cards that make your score stay good and high. Please take the time to contact Gene Broome Ive used him and have his book and attend his free seminars. Wonderful person with great ideas to raise your score and keep it there ! Heres his website too
www.creditconfidant.com

I once had good credit, good job, bought a house, and ten got hit with a major medical problem. Almost lost my house and was hounded to death from collectors with no money coming in, so I've been in your situation. That was back in the mid 90s. Since then I've had no credit cards. My oldest son, seeing what happened to me, cut off his credit cards too. That was 25 years ago and the surprising thing is, we've lived quite well with no credit cards. I save as best I can for emergencies and if I don't have the cash for something, I don't get it or wait until can.

Credit cards, in my mind, are a losing situation. I've watch friends struggle with them. The interest rates are so high that you can't get out of debt without going through what you're going through. When you get out of debt, lose the credit cards or keep only for emergencies. In the mean time, feel good about yourself. You're an awesome woman to do what you're doing. It's going to feel so good when you're done and you're riumphant!

If you need real help with any credit issues use my friend Gene Broome- he looked at my credit profile on Credit Karma and helped me raise my score by 100 over the last year! And yes we are on a drastic budget my husband had cancer and the treatments arent cheap- there are some real tricks to the trade he can share with you wonderful person . I own his book and have attended his free seminars-
gene@creditconfidant.com