Survivor Benefits?

I have three kids and their father died in 2009. However he never worked. Is their anything I can receive for them from SSI?

By Sharika

Call your local Social Security Office and talk to them. They are the only ones that can give you the correct answer. My thought is the answer would be "no" because of the fact that he never worked he would never be eligible for Social Security benefits.

It would appear that you, your husband and three children have survived all these years without him working so what has changed?

You may be able to receive some assistance from the government for your children (especially medical and food stamps) but the amount of help will depend on the children's age and whether you should be working to help yourself and your children.

I do not believe you will receive any benefits from Social Security but you will have to look for any answers yourself.

Thrifty readers may feel some concern for the children but I doubt that many will really "feel" for your situation as most are now and have been working and reporting income so they will have a right to benefits if something like this should happen in their family.

Wooow...

Business and Legal LegalMay 28, 2014
😎
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Survivor-Benefits-1.html