This will easily serve 4-6 people and costs less than $5 to make and has tons of vitamins!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I use herb)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Fry onion, garlic, and green pepper with a little bit of oil in a large saucepan for about 3 minutes. Add chopped sweet potato and 1 cup of water; simmer until potatoes are cooked (5-6 minutes). Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and cook on med-low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
If you like it spicy, add some Tabasco sauce. I use a Korean chili sauce or some red pepper flakes. Serve with bread rolls.
Source: Adapted from a website called http://www.theppk.com/.
By Lisa from Halifax, NS
CommentsRead More Comments