Thrifty Leftover Pork Meal
We had a lot of leftovers from the New Year's Eve celebration. I had small cuts of uncooked pork meat, half of a ball of cheese (queso de bola) and a burger. I also have a banana heart my father broiled for dinner. So I put them all together to create a heavy meal for my partner. Hubby and I always enjoy my leftover innovations, so here's the recipe.
- 100 g uncooked pork chunks
- 1/2 broiled banana heart, cut into strips
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 leftover burger
- Spanish sardines in oil
- grated cheese
- Simmer meat chunks in a mixture of 1/2 cup water, vinegar and salt for 5 minutes or until reduced and excess oil from meat comes out.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Cook meat in excess oil until crisp and golden brown.
- Place cooked meat in a baking pan or cookie sheet covered with foil or wax paper.
- Add banana heart strips and leftover Spanish sardines in oil.
- Pour half of the ketchup mixture.
- Break the egg on top and so with the burger.
- Add remaining ketchup mixture over the burger and egg.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake under 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide