Recipes Using Leftover Pork

Category Pork
Leftover pork can be used to make an entirely new delicious meal. This is a guide about recipes using leftover pork.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

This is a very tasty low cal soup. The recipe originally suggested you order Chinese Roast Pork take-out. I used pork loin we had left over from the previous night and it turned out great.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

We had a lot of leftovers from the New Year's Eve celebration. I had small cuts of uncooked pork meat, half of a ball of cheese (queso de bola) and a burger. I also have a banana heart my father broiled for dinner. So I put them all together to create a heavy meal for my partner. Hubby and I always enjoy my leftover innovations, so here's the recipe.

• 100 g uncooked pork chunks
  • 1/2 broiled banana heart, cut into strips
  • 4 Tbsp ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp vinegar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 leftover burger
  • Spanish sardines in oil
  • grated cheese

1. Simmer meat chunks in a mixture of 1/2 cup water, vinegar and salt for 5 minutes or until reduced and excess oil from meat comes out.
  2. Meanwhile, combine ketchup, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
  3. Cook meat in excess oil until crisp and golden brown.
  4. Place cooked meat in a baking pan or cookie sheet covered with foil or wax paper.
  5. Add banana heart strips and leftover Spanish sardines in oil.
  6. Ad

7. Pour half of the ketchup mixture.
  8. Break the egg on top and so with the burger.
  9. Ad

10. Add remaining ketchup mixture over the burger and egg.
  11. Sprinkle grated cheese and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
  12. Bake under 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
  13. Enjoy!

After we've had pork loin or a beef roast for Sunday dinner, we usually have enough left for dinner the next day. I wrap the leftover meat in foil and put in the oven to heat while I prepare the other ingredients for Fajitas.

Ingredients

Directions

Saute bell pepper and onion in slight amount of oil until crisp tender. Heat refried beans. Slice heated roast in strips. Heat tortillas on heated griddle or microwave. Spread Tortillas with refried beans, guacamole and sour cream. Lay on a few strips of meat and cover with bell peppers, onions, cheese and salsa. Roll up and enjoy.

Source: This was just my idea of a way to use leftover roast without it tasting leftover.

Recipe for Barbecued Leftover Pork. In saucepan, place tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion and Tabasco sauce. When hot, add diced pork and simmer until thoroughly heated.

This is a guide about recipes using leftover pork roast. Leftover pork roast can be reserved in a variety of ways.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes