Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omelette)
Eggplant omelette. They're called "tortang talong" in my local language, basically cooked with just eggplant and egg served during breakfast time. Here's my twisted version of the tortang talong.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml milk
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Massage the whole eggplant for one minute. Grill or boil and peel off the skin. Mash the eggplant using a fork and set aside.
- Beat two eggs.
- Add milk and continue whisking the mixture.
- Mix in diced tomatoes and onions.
- Mix the mashed eggplant into egg mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk until combined.
- Fry or bake on high until cooked.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!