Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe

I need a recipe for a tuna noodle casserole, regular or any with a new spin. Thank you.

By cranberry

I always used my mother'r 'recipe', feel free to add or change any of the ingredients.
One box of mac and cheese, one can of cream of chicken soup, 2 cans tuna (drained well), one can peas with carrots (drained well), salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, milk and butter/margarine.

Cook the mac noodles and drain well. In a large bowl, mix the cheese powder that came with the mac and cheese, the can of soup, and one can of milk. You can add the butter/margarine in the amount on the mac and cheese label if you like. Stir all of these well, then add the seasonings to taste. Then mix in the tuna and peas/carrots.

Pour all into a greased casserole dish. If desired, top with well crushed saltine crackers or corn flakes cereal.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, till bubbly and topping is golden.

You can add canned mushrooms, corn, green beans, etc, whatever your family likes. The soup can be any of the cream soups, even the low salt or low fat types.

Anonymous

Here's how I've always made it and sometimes add half of a 4 ounce can of diced jalapenos or diced green chilies to spice it up ;-)

1 can Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup celery, finely diced
2 (5 ounce) cans water packed tuna, drained
8 oz egg noodles
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, more for topping if desired

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, drain, and mix with the other ingredients in a baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes.

I boil egg noodles, drain, and in the same pan, add cream of mushroom soup, milk and two cans of tuna and a half bag of frozen peas, pour into a glass baking dish and top with crushed potato chips. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or so until bubbly and chips are slightly browned. Enjoy.

I kind of came up with my own recipe because I am lactose intolerant and my son cannot have eggs. Everyone loves it.

Tuna Noodle Casserole with cheese
1 lb pasta ( I usually use elbow or tubitini, but you can use any shape you want).
1 lb frozen peas, thawed (or 1 can peas
3 to 4 cups of milk
3 tbs. butter or margarine
3 to 4 tbs. corn starch and milk or water (equal portions)
Onion, parsley, and vegetable sea salt to taste (you can substitute season salt)
2 cans tuna, drained
2 to 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top of casserole if desired)
Cook pasta according to package, add peas the last 5 minutes of cooking time, drain. At the same time bring milk to a slight boil. Add margarine and spices to milk. Mix equal parts corn starch and cold milk and add to hot milk stirring constantly for about 1 minute, remove from heat add cheese and stir until cheese is melted. In large pot or bowl mix pasta/vegetable mixture, tuna, and cheese sauce. Bake in 350 oven for about 30 min (until hot and bubbly) sprinkle with reserved cheese and bake additional 5 min (until cheese melts).

Thank you all for the recipes. Never dreamed there were so many. Thank you again.