Tuna and Potato Pasta
What to eat when you're broke? When there's nothing in your fridge but pasta, potato and canned tuna. All you need to do is think, of what you can do with these three simple ingredients. Let's see what I can make out of it.
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta
- 1 cup water
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1 can (150 g) tuna
- 1 small pack mayonnaise (1 tablespoon)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Cut potatoes into medium sized wedges.
- In a pan, fry potatoes in melted butter over medium heat. Sprinkle with small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove potatoes from pan when sides turns brown and crisp. Set aside.
- In same pan, cook pasta in 1 cup water and tuna oil. Simmer until pasta is cooked.
- When water slightly reduces, add in tuna flakes and stir occasionally.
- Drop in the potato wedges and continue to stir until water is fully reduced.
- Remove from heat, mix in the mayonnaise well until evenly incorporated. You can add oregano or basil or powdered pepper. Serve hot or chilled. Best paired with milk and bread toast.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!