A great use for any kind of winter squash.
Total Time: 45 minutes to bake, 10 to prepare
- 2 winter squash (I used butternut)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, less if desired)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (less if desired)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon (less if desired)
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used a lot less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and cut the squash in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds, and place, cut-side down in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, for a butternut squash. If you use a smaller squash, it's done when it is fork-tender
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash over. You may need to slide a spatula under the squash to have it come up nicely.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter to each half along with a sprinkle of cinnamon and cardamom.
- Mash the squash a bit or scrape it with a fork some to mix everything together.
- Place in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt if desired and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.