Un-matting a Porcelain Doll's Hair

I recently started collecting dolls and I ordered a doll lot online. The hair was matted and I thought I could fix it. I tried to soak it in a fabric softener and water solution for 30 minutes, but that didn't work. Then I tried to use conditioner, it didn't work either. Finally I used water from my coffee pot (not boiling but hot) and it still didn't work. I need help.

Comb very gently from the bottom up. Works for human hair, too.

I have had good luck with an inexpensive wig brush with fine metal teeth and dipping the teeth in human hair conditioner and gently coming from the end down, working my way up and then down to the ends, if that makes sense. I don't start at the top, but at the ends and work down, moving a little up towards the crown. Dip, brush, dip brush. Once the mats are out, I gently massage out the conditioner. I need to do a little video on it. It is easier to visualize.

Hi,

You can use a spray on detangler. Get the hair very wet with the detangler. Then comb the hair gently, a tiny bit at a time from the bottom up to the top.

Fabric softener can also be diluted equally with water. The hair is soaked in the solution and then combed out carefully. This option leaves a great scent!

Have a blessed day!

Robyn