Upgrade to a Security Mailbox

If you're someone who travels or is concerned about your mail being lost/stolen when you're not home, a security mail box can help. By having a secured mailbox with a key lock, it can prevent people from attempting to steal your mail and provides you a sense of relief if you are expecting urgent or important mail.

Also, as a safety precaution, no one will know when you brought your mail in or if you are out of town. With my previous standard mail box, it was very obvious if there was mail all the way from the street. The reason I upgraded my mailbox is because the news was saying many people locally have been getting their mail stolen and this mailbox makes me feel more secure.

This sounds like a good idea but I cannot see how your mail or packages can be delivered unless the mail person has a key.
I live in Florida and our mail carriers are not allowed to have keys to personal mailboxes.
Perhaps it is different where you live?

Good question! So heyitsthao, what's the answer to this question? And, just as important, how much does this cost to buy and install?

Anonymous

The picture shows the key dangling, the postman opens the box, puts package inside , locks it and puts the key in the slot shown on front - its like they do at the community mailboxes - hope that helps

See the key? The postman opens it, places item, locks it and then puts key in slot shown on front - hope this helps

Here's an Amazon link to security mailboxes...
www.amazon.com/s?k=security+mailboxes+for+outside... (Affiliate Link)

How do I get ahold of one of these? What do I call this so I can do an internet search for it-- do I search under "security mailbox?" I'm moving to an apartment and I'm afraid any Amazon stuff will get swiped. The property manager there wasn't very friendly or helpful regarding tenants getting packages that don't fit in the rinky-dink mailbox thingys we have.

Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousJune 6, 2017
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upgrade-to-a-Security-Mailbox.html