Use Flypaper for Keeping Ants Out of Hummingbird Feeders

Fly paper wrapped around the hanger for your hummingbird feeder is one way to keep pesky ants out of the sweet nectar. This is a page about use flypaper for keeping ants out of hummingbird feeders.

I have tried "everything" over the years to keep ants out of my hummingbird feeders without success, but have finally solved this problem. As usual as soon as the weather warmed up they arrived in great numbers. I used a wire to hang the feeder, and then twisted an old fashioned fly strip around the wire above the feeder. It has been in place for about 2 months now and not one ant have I seen.

Source: My daughter helped me figure this out.

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJuly 23, 2017
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Flypaper-for-Keeping-Ants-Out-of-Hummingbird-Feeders.html